We have been on this site ever since the Plumstead Common Wesleyan Methodist Church was built here in 1863. A Church hall was added in 1931.
During the second World War the Church itself was bombed so all activities took place in the hall until the new building was put up in the late1960's. This consisted of the Octagonal church and some rooms connecting the Old Hall to the New Church. At the same time the Church entered into partnership with the Local Education Authority (at that time the London County Council) so that the ancillary premises became a Youth & Community Centre, staffed by the LEA but controlled by the Church.
In the new century Trinity committed itself to becoming a UK-Online Centre and the Hall was redeveloped to allow this.
We need to extend the size of the worship area, as our membership exceeds the seating. The estimated cost is approximately £400,000.
Any gifts towards this would be gratefully received.
As a Methodist Church we are a part of the Lesnes Abbey Circuit
in the London District
To find out more about The Methodist Church of Great Britain use the link www.methodist.org.uk
To find out more about The Methodist Church globally use the link www.worldmethodist.org
Locally we are members of Churches Together in Woolwich and Plumstead